6. Avoid razor burn. Chlorine, sun, and high temperatures can make the skin on legs more prone to post-shave stinging and rashes. Use a lotion containing aloe to soothe (put it in the fridge to really cool rashy skin).
7. Beat bumps. They can occur because of a condition called keratosis pilaris, or as a result of ingrown hairs. To avoid them, exfoliate legs with a grainy scrub in the shower, and use a lotion with alpha-hydroxy acids once a week.
8. Add some flare. Skirts that flare a bit -- think A-lines -- make legs look slimmer and shapelier.
9. Cover blemishes that really bother you. Most veins and marks can be camouflaged by self-tanner. But if you have blemishes that make you wary of wearing shorts and skirts, use a body makeup (available from Dermablend and Make Up For Ever) to make them invisible.
10. Add some sparkle. For evening, smooth a shimmering lotion over legs, or make your own by adding gold makeup powder to your regular lotion before application.