Makeup that Shines
6. Make lip color sheer. Apply a layer of thick balm to lips before slicking on deep color -- this will turn lipstick into a sheer stain.
7. Top lipstick with gloss. Clear lip gloss works over any lip color. Or try a soft peach- or pink-toned gloss, which will subtly change your lip shade.
8. Add shimmer blush. Instead of regular blush, switch to one with a tiny bit of shimmer to it. Apply with a light hand.
9. Wear "whipped" foundation. It has a moisturizing effect and gives skin a dewy look.
10. Skip powder where you can. Powder can give skin a chalky texture -- apply it only where you get greasy.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!