Pretty, Natural Makeup
Don't melt under layers of heavy, dramatic makeup this summer. Get a simpler, sexier effect with these easy techniques for the natural look:
1. Start with perfect skin. Natural makeup looks best on clean, clear skin. Prep your freshly-washed face with a light moisturizer (with SPF), and give the lotion a few minutes to sink in.
2. Try bronzer. A powder formulation is easiest to apply and gives the most flawless look. Apply using a full brush with a rounded head and easy-to-maneuver handle, like Bobbi Brown's Face Brush. Choose a bronzer one shade darker than your natural skin tone.
3. Swirl color where the sun hits you. The key to great-looking bronzer is to apply only where the sun would naturally tan you: on tops of cheekbones, down the nose, across the forehead, and a bit on the chin.
4. Groom brows. Barely-there makeup should be framed with neatly-plucked and not-too-thin brows. Use sharp tweezers to remove hairs under your brows' natural arches.
5. Add some shimmer to eyes. Try a neutral taupe, warm bronze, or peach shadow with a bit of sparkle to it. Apply from lashes up to browbones.