Pretty, Natural Makeup
6. Line lightly. Heavy liner on natural eyes looks out of place. Instead of liquid liner and dark colors, line with a reddish-brown or deep chocolate pencil liner. Smudge with a finger or cotton swab.
7. Try curling mascara. It will open up eyes and make them sparkle -- no scary lash curler required. Use brown mascara for the most natural look, or black for subtle drama.
8. Add a bit of color to cheeks. While your skin is already burnished from your bronzer, a pop of summery blush adds a glow. Choose a bright pink or coral powder blush. Apply lightly with a fluffy brush, being sure to blend.
9. Skip lipliner. It's too harsh for this soft summer look. Instead, choose a glossy or sheer lipstick in a peach, fudge, or copper shade. Apply directly from the tube.
10. For nighttime, go golden. This makeup works for daytime, but easily transitions into night. Simply dust a face powder infused with golden shimmer across lids and cheekbones for evening.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!