Take Your Makeup into Spring
Lighten Up Your Makeup
As spring approaches, it's the perfect time to put away heavy winter makeup and start your transition into a warm-weather face! Here, 10 ways to do it:
1. Start with bronzer. Winter skin can take on a sallow, pale look. As the sun starts shining more, add bronzer to your morning routine. Dust a light shade of bronzer onto cheekbones and chin for a warm-but-not-too-summery look.
2. Ditch heavy liner. Dark eyeliner pencil is too heavy for spring. Instead, go a shade lighter (slate gray, warm chocolate, even navy) and apply with a light hand.
3. Pick brighter blush. Like bronzer, bright blush gives your skin spring warmth without being too obvious. A great shade now: Sue Devitt Studio Los Angeles ($20), a warm, sunny coral.
4. Go light on powder. Winter's face is matte and smooth; for spring, go a little dewier by dusting the lightest veil of translucent powder over skin so your natural shine comes through a bit.
5. Add gold shimmer. A hint of gold warms up any complexion. Use your finger to swipe a gold shadow under brows or even across cheekbones for a true glow.