Take Your Makeup into Spring
6. Skip lip liner. Liner can be used to give your lips a precise shape, but in spring, that preciseness looks overdone. Avoid the liner altogether, and apply lipstick straight from the tube -- much more natural.
7. Try colored shadow. While you don't necessarily want to break out the Technicolor summer hues, a light swipe of golden-green or mango shadow gives eyes a subtle update. Pair with black or brown mascara.
8. Wear creamy lipcolor. Look for formulas labeled "cream" or "soft shine." Both give full coverage, but have a bit of shine to them, giving lips a soft look for spring.
9. Don't forget nails. A colored manicure is a great way to get a taste of spring as the weather warms up. Try shades like shimmery peach, true pink, and sheer coral.
10. Go for gloss. Lip gloss is probably the easiest way to lighten makeup as the season changes. Top your cream lipstick with a touch of gloss, or, for weekends, try a pink or orange gloss on its own.