The 50-Year-Old Makeup Virgin
« Previous | 2 of 2 | Next »
End Cosmetic Abstinence
Perfect products for those who fear makeup or simply couldn't be bothered with it till now.
- Josie Maran's universally flattering, incredibly fine-pointed Magic Brows Pen, $27, creates the stealthiest of strokes that completely blend into your brow line.
- Almay Smart Shade Concealer, $9, goes on white, then adjusts -- seemingly magically -- to your skin tone.
- Many a mascara first-timer has an acute fear of clumps: CoverGirl Lash Exact Mascara, $8.50, should alleviate that.
- One of the best ways we've found to fake a natural flush: Dab the apple of each cheek with Josie Maran Argan Color Stick in Rosy, $22, and blend outward.
- The lip-friendliest route to the bitten look: ultra-sheer Hard Candy Tinted Lip Balm in Vampire Bite, $3.
- Your fingertip is the only tool you need for Clinique Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-Hour Eye Colour in Currant Affair (a shade that looks good on nearly everyone, but there are four more shades in the collection, $20 each).
- It goes on more easily -- and far less visibly -- than foundation yet still offers ample coverage: Philosophy Hope in a Tinted Moisturizer, $38.
Originally published in Ladies' Home Journal, October 2011.