Concealer can be every woman's best friend: It camouflages almost any imperfection and makes you look like you're glowing, even when you're wearing no other makeup. Here, 10 ways to make concealer work for you:
1. Choose the proper shade. Concealer works best when it's one shade lighter than your skin tone (that way, it lightens up very dark areas).
2. Pick the right consistency. Very thick cake concealers hide blemishes the best but can settle into wrinkles, making your cover-up job look obvious. A creamier texture gives coverage and a natural finish.
3. Invest in a concealer brush. Using one to apply coverup allows you to place it just where you need it.
4. Prep undereye skin. If you're covering dark circles, use an eye gel before concealer. Give the gel about ten minutes to absorb.
5. Apply before foundation. Many makeup artists swear that if you apply concealer judiciously, you can sometimes skip foundation altogether!
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!