6. Avoid concealer on blemishes. Because your concealer is a shade lighter than your skin, applying it to raised bumps and pimples will actually call attention to them. Save concealer for dark, recessed areas of the face.
7. Powder to set. This is especially important around the eye area (constant movement of the skin can cause concealer to settle into fine lines). Use a brush or cotton ball to dust translucent powder over concealer.
8. Pat, don't rub. Blend concealer by patting it into your skin with your ring finger. Rubbing to blend rubs the concealer right off your skin!
9. Splurge on concealer. Investing in a department store product guarantees you'll get help in choosing the right shade.
10. Keep concealer clean. Because you use concealer under your delicate eyes, keep fingers out of the jar or bottle (use a cotton swab instead) and be sure to re-cap it tightly.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!