Start with the Basics
You've changed into cozier clothes for fall and winter -- why not warm up your makeup, too? Here, 10 fun and easy ways to update:
1. Check your foundation. Your summer shade may be too dark for sun-starved winter skin, so consider going a shade lighter.
2. Go for bright blush. A bold coral or baby pink may look too intense, but when applied with a light hand, shades like these can wake up dull winter skin.
3. Try a deeper lip color... A warm brown or red shade looks right.
4. ...but keep it light. Instead of a heavy matte version, wear your dark shade in gloss form.
5. Line up. While mascara and a sweep of sheer shadow work for warmer months, fall and winter call for more defined eyes. Use a chocolate brown or charcoal liner along your upper lashes.