6. Darken nails. Blackberry and copper polish -- perfect for the season -- look best on short, just-to-your-fingertips nails.
7. Make it matte. Shine-free skin is in style again. To get the look, choose an oil-free foundation, and set it with translucent powder.
8. Skip frost. Super-shimmery eye shadow can look harsh on dry winter skin. Instead, go for shades in matte formulas.
9. Define eye creases. Doing so lends immediate polish to your makeup. Choose a medium-tone shadow, and sweep it along the creases of your eyes, from the outer to inner corners.
10. Try colored mascara. Navy, burgundy, and auburn mascara give lashes depth and subtle color without looking obvious.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!