Get Soft Winter Skin
It's the season for itchy, flaky, rough skin. Want yours to stay soft through spring? Try these ideas:
1. Stick to warm showers. Hot water saps moisture from the skin, making it dry and itchy.
2. Shave. It's tempting to let hair removal slide during the winter, but regular shaving helps exfoliate skin, making it smoother and less likely to flake.
3. Apply moisturizer before going outside. Icy coldness can make skin dry; lock in moisture with cream or lotion before you head outdoors.
4. Switch facial cleansers... If you usually use a gel cleanser, switch to a noncomedogenic milky cleanser. Gels tend to strip the skin, which is good for greasy summers, but bad for parched winters.
5. ...and body cleansers. The same goes for body washes and gels: To avoid leaching your skin of moisture, use an emollient body bar such as Dove.