Glow With Self-Tanner
6. Apply in long strokes. Squirt a bit of tanner into your palm, rub hands together, and then apply to your skin using long strokes (instead of short ones).
7. Go easy on ankles. A telltale line where your tanner stops is unflattering. Instead, sweep your hands over the tops of your feet, blending the tanner outward so there's no hard line.
8. Scrub up. Tanner can stain your palms and cuticles. Right after you apply, wash hands using a nail brush and soap.
9. Apply to backs of hands. As a finishing touch, dab a tiny bit of tanner onto the back of one hand. Then rub the backs of hands together so you get color there, too.
10. Reapply. The key to keeping a beautiful self-tan is to reapply the color -- and repeat the above process -- at least twice a week.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!