Soft Skin All Over
6. Protect hands. Wear gloves whenever you're outside. The icy cold air can draw moisture from your skin, causing hands and cuticles to crack and become dry.
7. Begin using an AHA face lotion. These products are perfect for making facial skin smooth and soft. Initial use can cause flaking, however, so don't start a new regimen right before a big event.
8. Consider a fragrant scrub. To help make every part of you soft, including your chest, decollete, back, and elbows, use a shower scrub that contains sloughing particles to whisk away dead skin cells, plus a soft fragrance to give your skin allure. A good one: Origins Pomegranate Polish ($30).
9. Beware harsh soaps. Those found in public or corporate restrooms can contain harsh detergents that are drying to skin; the same goes for some deodorant body bars. Instead, stick to more gentle cleansers (carry a mini bottle in your purse), like Cetaphil, $4.90, or Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash, $4.99.
10. Treat cuticles right. They're one of the first areas on the body to dry out and become scaly and scratchy, which can put a damper on a romantic evening when your beau moves to hold your hand. To combat this and replenish easily lost moisture, use a cuticle cream daily. One to try: Heidi's Nail Solution, $17.