A Lacy Throw
- 1/4 yard of cardinal red felt
- 8-inch white Battenberg lace heart (available at crafts and discount stores)
- Straight pins
- 2 feet of 1/4-inch-wide pale pink pearl string
- Pale pink sewing thread
- 1-1/2-inch-long burgundy tassel
- 1/8-inch-wide Kreinik Metallics ribbon in color 193 (pale mauve)
- #20 chenille needle
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Cut two pieces of felt 8-1/2 x 9 inches. Center the Battenberg heart on one of the felt pieces and pin.
3. Pin the pearl string around the inside edge of the heart. Start the end in the top center of the heart, with the end curled into a "C" on one side and ending with a reverse "C" on the other side. With coordinating thread, stitch through the Battenberg and felt to secure the bead string.
4. Fold the tassel loop behind the tassel and stitch it to the tassel with a couple of stitches. Place the tassel centered between the two pearl string curves. Stitch it to the Battenberg and felt behind the top head of the tassel.
5. Pin the heart top to the second piece of felt. Stitch together with a running stitch, 1/3 inch from the edge with pale mauve metallic 1/8-inch-wide ribbon. (See Running Stitch illustration -- downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.) Stop stitching 4 inches from the beginning.
5. Stuff the pillow with fiberfill. Continue stitching to the starting point.More Ideas:
- Embroider a name or sweet message on the pillow front for a personalized keepsake.
- For an elegant Victorian look, replace the felt with dainty vintage handkerchiefs or cloth napkins.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!