- 12 Red Delicious apples
- Apple corer
- 12 small white taper candles
- 1 orange
- Lemon zester
- 12-muffin baking pan or tray
- White pine swag or branches (optional)
- 4 small holly branches (optional)
- 4-8 medium pinecones (optional)
- Florist's wire (optional)
1. Wash and dry apples. Using apple corer, cut a small plug from the top of each apple. Insert candle.
2. Use large hole on zester to make curls from orange peel. Embellish the tops of the apples with the curls.
3. Group the candles on a pewter muffin pan or tray. For a nod to the holidays to come, place tray on a bed of holiday greens. Wire together holly and pinecones and place one garnish on each side of arrangement, as desired.