By Elizabeth Roehrig
Think beyond the tree by using twinkle lights to brighten up the rest of your decor. Try these tips from interior designer Sabrina Soto.
1. Warm up the hearth of a nonworking fireplace, sans flames: Wind lights around a bundle of thin birch branches.
2. Illuminate a Christmas tree topper with the lights and place it on a windowsill instead of your usual electric candle.
3. Arrange a strand of battery-powered lights in a glass vase or bowl filled with extra ornaments. It makes a great decoration for an entryway table or your mantel.
4. Hang a line of lights below your kitchen cabinets or wind them among a collection displayed on top of cupboards to lend some extra cheer to the room.
5. Swag greenery along your banister and weave in the lights for added sparkle.