- 4-inch terra-cotta pot
- Styrofoam piece to fit in pot
- Wooden dowel or small tree branch
- Miniature pumpkin
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Dried beans or peas
1. Prepare the container. Use hot glue to secure the Styrofoam into the pot.
2. Make the "tree." Sharpen the end of the dowel or branch (trimming it to size if necessary). Push it into the bottom of the pumpkin. Push the other end of the dowel into the Styrofoam. Hot-glue the dowel to secure if necessary.
3. Add the finishing touches. Spread dried beans or peas over the top of the Styrofoam, gluing if desired. Using raffia, tie a bow around the dowel just below the pumpkin.
For variations, you can replace the miniature pumpkins with small gourds. If you want your topiary to last for more than two weeks, use artificial vegetables or fruits.