Embellished Button Mirror
- 5 x 7-inch oval mirror
- Sheet of white paper
- Assorted large buttons (we used 24 - 1-1/8- to 1-5/8-inch-diameter pansy akoya shell)
- 1 easel back to fit mirror
- E-6000 glue
1. Trace the mirror shape onto a sheet of white paper. Position the buttons on the traced shape, overlapping the buttons slightly, until you are pleased with the arrangement. This will allow you to move, add, subtract, or change the arrangement easily and to glue the buttons one at a time to the right place on the mirror.
2. Use small amounts of E-6000 glue the buttons onto the front of the mirror, starting with the buttons that are underneath adjacent buttons. Keep the mirror flat while gluing so buttons will not slide. Let the glue dry for 24 hours and until the buttons feel firmly attached.
3. Position the easel on the mirror back so the mirror stands securely at the right angle. Mark the position of the easel on the mirror back; glue in place. Lay the mirror flat with the button side down; let dry for 24 hours.