Gather nature in a basket.
- A loosely woven basket
- A bowl sized to fit within the basket
- Spanish moss
- Floral foam
- Fern fronds
- Purple kale
- Flowers, such as stocks, asters, and yarrow
- Very firm persimmons
- Floral sticks
1. Soak the floral foam in water; then fit it to the bowl that will go inside the basket.
2. Rinse and chill the purple kale.
3. Line the basket with Spanish moss.
4. Set the bowl inside the basket, and insert fern fronds into the foam so they drape over the sides of the basket.
5. Add several bunches of purple kale to the basket.
6. Insert the flowers.
7. Insert floral sticks into the persimmons and add them as a final garnish. Spritz the kale with water several times a day to keep it from drying out.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!