- Natural-color quilting thread
- Monofilament, or dental floss
- 1-1/2-inch-long needle
- Thimble (optional)
- Fresh kumquats
- Fresh cranberries (do not use frozen)
- 1-inch-long cinnamon sticks
1. Thread the needle with a workable length of thread, about 36 to 45 inches; knot one end.
2. String fruits and cinnamon sticks. Follow this order: cranberry, cinnamon stick, cranberry, kumquat. Repeat until the thread is full. Note: Thread kumquats lengthwise from end-to-end; thread cinnamon sticks through the hollow part of the center.
3. Make enough strands to fill the tree. Strands may be tied together to form one garland or left short.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!