- Natural-color quilting thread
- Monofilament, or dental floss
- 1-1/2-inch-long needle
- Thimble (optional)
- Fresh kumquats
- Fresh cranberries (do not use frozen)
- 1-inch-long cinnamon sticks
1. Thread the needle with a workable length of thread, about 36 to 45 inches; knot one end.
2. String fruits and cinnamon sticks. Follow this order: cranberry, cinnamon stick, cranberry, kumquat. Repeat until the thread is full. Note: Thread kumquats lengthwise from end-to-end; thread cinnamon sticks through the hollow part of the center.
3. Make enough strands to fill the tree. Strands may be tied together to form one garland or left short.