Branch out with this unusual garland.
- Small- and medium-sized tree branches
- Medium-gauge wire and wire cutters
- Clusters of dried oak leaves
- Small gold ornaments
- Russet potatoes, oranges, and pomegranates (as desired)
- Satin ribbon in desired color
1. Clip branches and wire them together. Clip enough branches and vines to span your mantel, then firmly wire together. Add more branches to create an interesting framework, but take care that branches will not drape into an area where sparks from fire could reach.
2. Add accents. Wire clusters of dried oak leaves to major branches; add gold balls, russet potatoes, oranges, and pomegranates to the garland, as desired.
3. Add ribbon. Entwine ribbon throughout arrangement. You can attach short pieces at various points or thread long pieces throughout entire garland.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!