The Basics of Vastu
Common Cures for RoomsGeneral Guidelines
Keep all furniture and appliances at least four inches away from walls so energy isn't absorbed into the walls.
- Use fewer furnishings, and try to maintain open, airy spaces.
- Keep books orderly.
- Family hand-me-downs and pictures of deceased relatives should be located in the south and southwest areas of a room.
- Bring elements of nature inside to remind yourself of your connectedness to the environment.
- Do not sleep with your head facing north, or your sleep will be disrupted. Ideally, your head should be located in the south or east.
- Place something attractive on the wall facing the bed, so you have a nice view every night when you go to sleep and every morning when you wake up.
- It's best to locate the kitchen in the southeast corner of the home.
- Keep the center of the kitchen as empty as possible. Locate a table and chairs near a wall.
- It's best to locate the living room in the north, northwest, or northeast areas of the house.
- Place your bulkiest, heaviest, and tallest furniture on the south or west sides of room.
- Don't use a coffee table; leave the room's center open for good energy flow.
Continued on page 3: