Wintry Window Wrappings
Ringing Silver Bells
Let your window coverings ring a musical note with silver bells suspended from the curtain rings by red ribbons.What You Need:
- 12 silver bells (or other number desired; see Tips, below)
- 15 yards of 1-1/2-inch wide red silk or satin ribbon
- Measuring tape or yardstick
- Step stool
1. Measure ribbon length. Measure from the curtain rod to the position where you want a bell to hang. (In photo, bells are 1 to 2 feet from the rod.) For each bell, cut a piece of ribbon about 2-1/2 times longer than desired measurement.
2. Thread ribbon onto curtain ring. Fold ribbon in half, passing the folded loop through the curtain ring. Bring ribbon tails through the loop and pull to tighten ribbon on ring.
3. Add bell. Thread a bell onto ribbon, adjust length, and tie securely. Repeat with remaining ribbons and bells.Tips:
- To determine how many bells you'll need, count the number of rings the curtains have. You can hang a bell from every ring, every other, just in the center, and so on.
- Check crafts and gifts stores for bells; choose a style to suit your fancy and decor, or hang another type of Christmas bauble.