Summer Wardrobe Update
Unpacking your summer clothing and accessory staples? Try our 10-point check to make sure everything will look great for the warm days ahead.
1. Repair summer soles. Slides and mules with worn-down heels can be easily re-soled at the shoemaker. This will extend the life and refresh the look of your existing footwear.
2. Check skirt and cropped-pant hems. A drooping hem looks ratty. Repair any loose or fallen hems before you put clothes into your closet.
3. Break out the bleach. Last year's white t-shirts may have dulled or yellowed in storage. Wash them with bleach to brighten (or replace with new tees).
4. Inspect tote handles. Straw bags are especially prone to worn-out handles, although any summer bag can suffer. A shoemaker can fix most bag handles quickly.
5. Stock up on shell blouses. They're versatile and usually inexpensive. Wear under blazers for work, and sport as a topper for shorts and jeans on the weekend.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!