Summer Wardrobe Update
6. Toss so-over trends. Last year's long peasant skirt, for example, can go.
7. Buy a cardigan. It's a relaxed alternative to a jacket on warm days. Go for one with three-quarter length sleeves in beige, sand, or cream.
8. Invest in new lingerie -- especially if you wear whites and linens. Go for thongs or seamless underwear in flesh colors, and find a bra style in a fabric that breathes (and works under a white tee!).
9. Add a trendy piece for fun. Feel like tying a kerchief around your neck, or strutting in a pair of espadrilles? Splurge a little on a trend to keep your look current and fun.
10. Check swimsuit elastic. Age and traces of last year's chlorine can cause elastic to disintegrate. Try on your suit (before you hit the beach!) to make sure it will stay in place when in water.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!