Ways to Wear Denim
What's a classic that's always in style? Denim, of course! Here, ten ways to wear it:
1. Try an updated jean skirt. Look for one that falls right above the knee. To make it casual-Friday appropriate, pick a dark rinse and wear with a classic tailored shirt or twin set, plus heels.
2. To make hips and butt look smaller, pick boot cut jeans -- their slight flare balances proportions.
3. Bag it. Tote the jeans trend with a structured bag made from denim.
4. Get whimsical with denim shoes. Feminine shapes with small, delicate heels look most modern.
5. Look for Lycra. Jeans made with a touch of Lycra are more comfortable than regular denim -- and fit like a glove right out of the dryer!
6. Pull on a denim jacket. For weekends, top almost any outfit -- skirts, leather pants, even cocktail dress -- with a distressed denim jacket.
7. Opt for color. If blue denim isn't appropriate for your office, try a blazer or trousers made of colored denim. Shades that look great now: Red, Kelly green, and pink.
8. Top it off. Protect hair from rain showers with a crushable denim bucket hat (make sure it's treated to repel water!).
9. Add a belt. Pair jeans with a wide suede or leather belt for an instantly trendy look. If you're feeling extra adventurous, wear a belt with fringe.
10. Avoid extras. Leave bellbottoms, rhinestone appliques, and cutoff waistbands to teenagers. Understated, classically-cut denim looks more chic. --Lisa Kovalovich