Find the Right Hairstylist
She's the One
The search for the perfect hairstylist can seem like a never-ending one. To help you find a cutter who will give you a great style, try these ideas:
1. Visualize your ideal salon. Do you want one that's hip and fashion-forward? Refined and classy? The salon where the environment clicks with you will most likely have a stylist who clicks with you, too.
2. Ask a friend (or two). Friends will give you the real scoop on their stylists -- what they love and what they hate.
3. Take into account your hair type. If you have curly hair, you'll want a stylist who specializes in curls. Got short locks? You should search for a stylist who works well with cropped 'dos.
4. Stop in at salons. Don't be afraid to walk into the lobby of several salons that catch your interest (without feeling obligated to make an appointment). Pick up a service list and check out the atmosphere. Is this a place where you'd feel comfortable?
5. Set up several consultations with different stylists. They should be scheduled graciously, and should come at no cost.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!