Fix Hair Disasters
6. Massage for volume. If your short cut has fallen flat, use your fingers to massage the roots. This works a bit like teasing hair, adding lift.
7. Skip a wash. If you must have a good hair day -- for a date, job interview, special occasion -- shampoo the day before. Too-clean hair is more prone to disaster!
8. Indulge in a blowout. Most budget hair chains offer blowouts for under $30. Getting styled by a pro is the perfect antidote to a seemingly impossible hair day.
9. Go for shine. Somehow, shiny hair always looks better -- even if the style you're sporting isn't what you were going for. Smooth glossing serum over dry hair to boost its gleam (but use sparingly!).
10. Add a part. A deep side part gives hair a touch of sophistication even when it's misbehaving. Hold in place with a spritz of hairspray.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!