Get a Great Haircut
Sick of leaving the salon less-than-thrilled about your hairstyle? These tips will help.
1. Sit up straight. Don't cross your legs when you sit in the stylist's chair -- it skews your posture, so your cut could be uneven once you stand up. Instead, sit up in the chair, legs uncrossed.
2. Collect pictures. The biggest hair disasters arise when your stylist doesn't understand what you want. Pictures will help convey your message.
3. But be realistic. You may love a cut on a magazine model, but if your hair is not the same texture or your face is not the same shape as hers, the cut won't look the same on you. Ask your stylist for variations appropriate to you.
4. Soften a square jawline with layers. Keep them long and choppy around the lower half of your face.
5. Use your hands. Instead of asking for an inch off the ends, use your hands to show your stylist where you'd like your hair to fall.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!