Get a Great Haircut
6. Color after you cut. Your haircut will affect the look of your color, so wait until you've trimmed to add highlights or try a new shade.
7. Go for length to slim a round face. A style on the longer side -- say, to your shoulders -- makes a full face look narrower.
8. Ask for styling advice. A cut only looks as good as how it's styled. As your stylist finishes your hair, ask detailed questions so you can repeat the process at home.
9. Update your products. You may need to upgrade your styling products to get the effect needed for your new cut.
10. Keep your options open. Sometimes, an unexpected urge to go short can leave you with a haircut you may not have tried otherwise, but that's perfect for you!