Get Sexy Hair
10 fantastic tricks to take your hair from so-so to so-sexy.
« Previous | 1 of 1 | Next »
Get super-sexy hair with these 10 easy tips:
- Trim regularly. Fuzzy, fried ends are not sexy.
- Add scent. When you spritz on your favorite perfume, add a light mist to your hair. Sweet-smelling tresses are very romantic!
- Pump up fine hair with color. Hair color actually fattens your hair shaft, making it feel and appear thicker and bouncier. Try a semi-permanent rinse.
- Apply volumizer properly. Spritz it onto roots only, then use a brush to lift hair straight up from your scalp (or flip head upside down) as you blow dry. Heat locks in the volumizer's body-boosting power.
- Try highlights. Lighten the pieces that frame your face for a naturally sexy effect.
- Wash less often. Your scalp's natural oils give hair shine and manageability. Skip a day between shampoos to maximize this.
- Don't think you have to go long. A stylish short cut -- a pixie, shag, or bob -- can be super-sexy when it's shiny and healthy.
- Master the messy updo. A done-on-the-run upsweep is easy and alluring! Simply pull hair into a low ponytail, twist it up toward the crown of your head, and secure with a thin clasp, comb, or jeweled clip (no plastic butterfly clips, please!).
- Go with your natural texture. Trying to coax curls straight or make flat hair into ringlets takes time, hard work, and often results in an unnatural look. Much sexier: Getting a cut that brings out your natural hair texture.
- Add shine. Gleaming hair commands attention. When locks are dry, spritz on a silicone-based shine spray, which smoothes the hair's cuticle and reflects light.