Get Super-Soft Hair
6. Get a trim. Dead ends turn soft hair into fuzzy, fried hair. Even the tiniest trim will restore hair's softness.
7. Watch alcohol. Styling and finishing products containing alcohol can leave hair brittle and gummy-feeling. Look for alcohol-free versions instead.
8. Go light on bleach. Highlights and haircolor can sap the moisture from hair, and moisture is what helps hair retain its silkiness. Color as infrequently as you can, and have coloring done by a pro.
9. Try a mask day. Most hair masks are worn for 20 minutes. To maximize your mask's silkening effect, apply it as a styling product on a weekend, and wear it all day.
10. Try a texturizing balm. These products are lighter than gels, giving them the perfect balance of hold and softness.