If you're on a quest for amazing-looking, low-maintenance hair, try these easy ideas:
1. Reevaluate short haircuts. While they seem like a snap, if your hair is very thick or very curly, a short cut can actually be more time-consuming than a chin-length style.
2. Try at-home color. A semi-permanent color fades without noticeable roots, so touch-ups are needed less frequently. Plus, doing it at home saves money and time!
3. Consider a product upgrade. As we age, our hair texture can change, which means our styling product needs change, too. If your hair is becoming thinner or finer, look into a volumizing tonic or mousse instead of gel and hairspray.
4. Toss the tools. Curling irons, flat irons, and rollers not only take more effort, but also damage hair (making it require more trims). Ask your stylist for a cut that only needs blowdrying (if that!).
5. Use leave-in conditioner. Applying a dab to ends keeps dryness to a minimum, and facilitates styling. Healthy, moisturized locks are more manageable than parched, crisp ones.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!