6. Try snag-free ponytail holders. They're a staple for every low-hair-maintenance woman. The snag-free variety eliminates the metal closures that can break hair.
7. Go for layers. They dry easily; work for every hair type and length; and give a stylized, hip look without a lot of effort.
8. Change your part. It's an easy way to update your style without investing time or money at a salon. Use a light-hold spray gel to help hold hair in its new place.
9. Check the weather report. Even the best styling techniques can be rendered useless in high humidity or heavy rain. If the weather is going to compete with your style, wear a foolproof pony, headband, or chignon instead.
10. Skip the fuss. When you're done styling, keep your hands -- and mind -- off your hair. Too much energy wasted on a hairstyle is the ultimate in high maintenance!