Tame Thick Hair
If you're lucky enough to have thick tresses, try these ideas to keep them looking their best:
1. Watch hair length. When thick hair is cut between the ears and chin, it has a tendency to pouf out. Keep it either very short (think pixie) or longer than chin-length.
2. Layer strategically. A few layers cut into the ends of your hair can help you avoid a bell shape and keep hair swingy.
3. Try a bob. Thick hair has the bounce and natural movement that make a bob look modern.
4. Avoid thick bangs. When cut straight across your forehead, they can look cartoonish. Instead, wear fringier bangs swept to the side.
5. Go with your hair's natural texture. Thick hair often has a natural wave, so play it up by applying a mousse or gel and scrunching hair as you dry.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!