The Perfect Blowout
Perfectly smooth, straight hair can seem impossible to achieve if your locks are naturally wavy or curly. To go totally sleek, try these tips:
1. Begin with freshly-washed hair. This is especially important if you want your blowout to last for several days.
2. Condition well. The heat of the blow dryer and the tugging of the brush can damage hair; protect your locks by using a rich conditioner after you shampoo.
3. Blot hair dry. Rubbing your hair will produce frizz. Instead, blot it with a towel to remove excess moisture.
4. Pick the right styling product. If your hair is wavy, try a strong-hold gel. For curls, pick a straightening balm.
5. Apply styling product in sections. One key to a great blowout: Coat every strand of hair with product. Working in small sections, apply your product to the ends first, and then work your way up the hair shaft. Finish by combing through your hair to distribute the product.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!