The Perfect Blowout
6. Blast it with a blow dryer. It is easier to get hair smooth when you start styling it when it's near-dry. Before you start straightening, flip your head over and blowdry it while fluffing hair with your fingers.
7. Break out the clips. Have two or three large hair clips on hand to hold sections of hair away from the piece you're drying.
8. Dry hair in sections. Separate a two-inch section of hair. Using a medium-sized round brush, pull the hair taut, from roots to ends. As you move the brush, follow it with the dryer (so you're moving the dryer down the length of your hair, too). Repeat all over your head. And be patient: It will take a while.
9. Point the nozzle downward as you straighten. This is the best way to avoid frizz!
10. Cut post-blowout fuzz with cream. You're bound to face a little frizz when you're done. Apply a tiny dab of hair cream to frizzy sections to make them sleek again.