Fast Holiday 'Dos
Got a holiday soiree in less than an hour? Try one of these ideas for party-perfect hair in no time:
1. Go casually dressy. Sweep hair back into a low ponytail, using a dab of gel to keep strands sleek and flyaway-free. Secure ponytail with a rhinestone clip or pony holder.
2. Get chunky. Put a quarter-size amount of hair paste or sculpting mud into your hand and rub palms together. Rake it through your hair to give it a piecey, sexy look. This works best for hair that's shoulder-length or shorter.
3. Tease! Lift a section of hair at your crown, and use a fine-tooth comb to tease the underside of the section at the roots. Flip hair back and apply hairspray to keep your newly-voluminous locks in place.
4. Go faux. It's not as scary as it sounds! Find fake ponytails at a beauty supply store. Simply pull your own hair into a pony, then attach the faux pony according to the directions that come with it. Voila -- instant long, flirty hair!
5. Try a headband. Despite its conservative reputation, a headband can add glitter and glamour to any hairstyle. Choose a band in colored leather or wire, or go for one adorned with crystals or pearls.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!