Fast Holiday 'Dos
6. Flip and clip. An easy updo: Pull hair into a low ponytail. Twist the tail upward, toward the crown of your head. Secure the twist to your head with a barrette or jeweled clip. Allow the ends of the twist to fall loose.
7. Try an undone bun. This look is perfect for long hair. Gather your hair into a ponytail (low or high -- it's your choice). Pull the ponytail through a covered elastic band once, twist the band, and then begin to pull the tail through again. This time, however, only pull it halfway through. Your ponytail should now make a loop. Secure the loop to your head in several places with bobby pins; allow tendrils and loose ends to fall where they will.
8. Pick a part. For a dramatic look, make a deep side part. Use shine serum or gel to slick down the hair on either side of the part, or simply tuck each side behind your ears.
9. Add a barrette to short hair. Even close crops can be dressed up with the addition of a tiny barrette, placed on one side of your head. Go for a barrette with some flashy rhinestones or bright color.
10. Wear 70s-style flips. On long hair, Charlie's-Angels-inspired flips look light and modern. Simply use a large-barrel curling iron to curl hair away from your face. Finger comb to soften, and then set with hairspray.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!