Fun Styles for Straight Hair
Bored with your pin-straight locks? Try these styling ideas for a fresh new look (no haircut required!):
1. Apply mousse. Rake a handful of mousse through damp hair, flip head over, and blow dry on high. When you flip your head back up, you'll have volume and texture.
2. Braid it. Pull hair into a low ponytail, and braid it. Leave about an inch at the end, and secure with a covered elastic. Braids look youthful and chic.
3. Change your part. For an easy change, swap sides, or try one in the middle.
4. Add lowlights. Highlights on very straight hair can sometimes look stripy; instead, ask your colorist for darker pieces weaved into your natural shade.
5. Try an easy updo. Pull your hair into a loose, low ponytail. Twist the tail upward, and secure to the back of your head with a large clip. Allow some pieces of hair to fall around your face.
6. Spritz on shine. Apply a mist of shine-enhancing spray to dry hair; it camouflages damage and makes hair look luminous.
7. Add an accessory. For spring, choose chunky plastic clips in candy colors.
8. Get beachy. For a textured, slightly mussed look, apply a surf spray (a mixture of salt and styling lotion) to damp hair. Bumble and bumble makes a good one. Tousle hair with your fingers as you blow dry it.
9. Sweep it back. Invest in a wide leather headband. Slide it into your hair, about an inch back from your hairline.
10. Set it. To go curly for a day, set two-inch-wide sections of hair on hot rollers. Wind hair onto rollers held vertically; pin at your scalp. When the rollers have cooled, remove carefully. Finger comb hair into place.