Get Voluminous Hair
6. Choose products wisely. Moisturizing products like pomades and shine serums contain heavy ingredients that weigh hair down. If you must use them, apply them just to the ends of your hair.
7. Layer hair (but not too short!). Long layers add bounce to hair without the choppy look that very short layers give most cuts.
8. Apply volumizer in sections. Spritzing a volume tonic all over your hair won't give the best results. Instead, use your fingers or a comb to separate small sections of hair; spritz the roots with volumizer, then move on to another section. This way, every strand is covered.
9. Make your hair stand on end. With a brush, that is, while you blow-dry. Use a paddle brush to pull the hair at the crown of your head straight up. Dry roots thoroughly.
10. Go light on hairspray. Many women think it will help lock in lift, but if you apply too much, it can cause your style to droop. Apply a light mist to dry roots only.