How to Get It: Lifted and Layered
- Spray roots with a volumizing spray only on top. Use a styling spray on the sides and back of the head.
- Blow-dry until dry, while lifting at the roots with your fingers. If you feel your hair needs more height, use a round brush to blow-dry.
- Fingerstyle the top to create bends and random turns. The more broken up the hair, the better.
- Spritz on a light-hold hairspray to keep style in place.
- Spritz the top of your hair with a styling spray and apply a straightening balm to the sides.
- Straighten just the ends of your hair on top and the sides with a large round brush. (Leaving your curls intact close to the root gives extra lift.)
- Create thickness on top and define layers by applying a styling wax with your fingers.
- Apply a frizz fighter to the sides for a polished finish.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!