How to Get It: Tumbled and Tousled
- Spray a mix of volumizing and styling sprays through hair, concentrating at the roots. This creates a rigid texture for lift, yet still allows for movement.
- Blow-dry your hair upside down until it's almost dry.
- Set the hair with large rollers for 15 to 20 minutes.
- As you remove rollers, add a dab of solid hair wax to loosen hair and add weight without flyaways.
- Rub a quarter-size amount of straightening balm through your hair.
- Blow-dry with a round brush just until your natural curl becomes a smooth wave -- don't make it too sleek.
- Finger-style the waves with a dab of wax to fight frizz.
- For extra straightening, you can use a flat iron and roll the ends with a round brush to create a flip.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!