The Perfect Ponytail
This spring, beauty trends take on a touch of '50s-style drama and glamour. The perfect hairstyle complement? A ponytail. To get one that looks stylish and sexy, try these tips:
1. Start with day-old hair. Don't wash your hair the day you wear a pony. Your hair's natural oils will help the ponytail hold better.
2. Keep conditioning. Even if you don't suds up, use conditioner on ends to make them shiny.
3. Blow dry for volume. Begin with towel-dried hair. Spritz a volumizer onto the roots, and use a paddle brush to pull hair directly up from the scalp while you dry.
4. Add a little paste. Run a tiny amount of styling paste or pomade through your hair for texture and added hold.
5. Go low. For sleek style, go with a low pony.