The Perfect Ponytail
6. Or, go high. For energy and bounce (and a great weekend look), go with a high pony positioned at the crown of your head.
7. Brush into place. Use a wide paddle brush to sweep hair back. Gather the ponytail in your hand and secure with a covered elastic band.
8. Add accessories after you secure. That way, you can arrange the accessories -- a scarf, ornate pony holder, or a pony wrap -- without compromising your hairstyle.
9. Back-comb for volume. If you choose a high pony, lift the top of the tail and use a fine-tooth comb to tease the tail at its base. Flip the top section back down and smooth over with a brush.
10. Load on shine. Give your ponytail a finishing touch with a few squirts of shine serum. Add a shot of hairspray to keep any flyaways in place.